Thursday, February 7, 2008


Personally, I love fast food. I don't know why, but I do. When I was young my parents weren't really big fast food fans but when we did go to McDonalds or Wendy's I loved it. I remember it was always a fun activity. My brother and I would spend what seemed like hours playing in the indoor playplace. Crawling through the tubes and throwing those plastic balls at each other in the ball pits. Honestly, I don't really remember the food except for the fact that I always got chicken nuggets, but I remember playing with my toy I got in my meal and enjoying the playplace. Now, obviously, I don't go for the entertainment but I do like some of their food. I love Wendy's burgers and McDonald's fries. I guess for a college student it is really easy. Cheap, fast, and tastes great. I would have to say though, that those fast food restaurants really have an amazing marketing strategy. How they make you enjoy it as a child and those great memories bring you back as an adult. They really have got it made.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I think childhood memories are a big part of it. Whenever I'm feeling down and nostalgic, fast food is almost always the quick fix that brings happiness to my belly and warmth to my soul. There's nothing like a 6 piece chicken nugget dipped in honey from burger king...followed by a good old fashioned frosty from wendys.

Taylor_tots said...

Yea you make a good point, but I know for my own body fast food is not good. Every time I eat at Wendy's or Macdonald's, I always feel bad. Just weighed down and lethargic. I would advise trying to lay off on the fast food...one and a while it is okay, but all the time and it can really do things to your body that you dont want. Have you ever seen super size me?

alyssa said...

O yes!!! playing at the fast food restaurants was really what makes them worth while. i honestly do not enjoy fast food anymore, probably because i dont fit in the play pins anymore or really dont care for the little action figures anymore. But things like that used to be a big deal for me and make my day.

Brittany Perez said...

Ughh why did you have to post a picture of Wendy's food? Now I have a huge craving for Junior Bacon Cheeseburger :)

Keith McKay said...

The irony of your bringing this up is staggering. The next chapter from Rappoport discusses the hedonistic (pleasureable) factors in choosing our foods, and he makes the specific point of McDonald's striking this chord better than anyone else - playplace and everything.

head chef said...

I cleaned out my car this morning and there, under the seat, were fast food toys left over from my grandchildren's Christmas visit. You are absolutely right about fast food marketing being ingenius! My husband calls fast food restaurants "Grandma Traps." I'm sure that you will understand his meaning.

Alina said...

I, too, remember going to fast food when i was little and loving it. I remember those star-shaped chicken nuggets at Carl's Junior and dipping them in barbeque sauce... mmmm! delightsome.