Thursday, January 31, 2008


Honestly, I could eat cold cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love the stuff. As long as I can remember we always had cold cereal in my house. I would have to say the my favorite cereal is Captain Crunch, and don't forget the crunch berries too. Those are great. My mom always knew that I loved the really sugary cereal and I swear every time she bought cereal she would always throw in a box of shredded wheat or some gross cereal like that. Nobody ever ate those in my house but eventually you would get stuck eating it. The thing is, those random boxes of healthy cereal always added up in the cupboard. You would just open it and there would be like 8 boxes of the shunned cereal; raisin bran, grape nuts, shredded wheat, rice crispies, basically nothing with sugar. I guess you could say I was addicted to sugar as a kid. Over the years as I, being the only one, would eat those cereals, I began to actually like them. They really aren't that bad. Maybe my body just wants to be healthier. I don't really know. But what I do know is that I love almost all cold cereals.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Cold cereals are great...I think the worst mornings ever are the ones when you wake up, staggering to the fridge in a sleepy stupor, and realize that there is no more milk. It's just horrible and puts a total damper on the day. I love sugary cereals, but have gotten used to the more healthy ones like Cherrios and Special K. When I eat them in the morning, I feel more incentive to eat healthfully the remainder of the day.

Brittany Perez said...

Last year I rediscovered Corn Pops. They are so delicious but they run out fast because one bowl doesn't satisfy...I must have a second.

Alina said...

I'm with you on the cold cereal thing! I used to eat out all the yellow things in the Captain Crunch cereal and then joyously eat all the colorful berries in big spoonfuls at the end of my breakfast. I did the same thing with Marshmellow Matey's but with the marshmeallows of course. But hey, frosted mini wheats, rasin bran, and grape nuts aren't all that bad either.