Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"One word...Ambrosia"


Sweets are all around us. Sometimes we would do anything just for that one bite of chocolate. I know that when I crave sweets and candy, the first thing my mind thinks of are Reese's peanut butter cups. For me, one word describes Reese's....ambrosia. I love that mouth watering sensation from biting into a peanut butter cup and that amazing peanut butter flavor which feels so smooth on your tongue. Reese's are my favorite candy. Ever since I was a little kid every Christmas, Easter, birthday, any special occasion, I would get these peanut butter cups. I swear, it has to be genetic. As long as I can remember my dad always snacked on Reese's. The best times were when we were watching a great movie and eating a bag of Reese's. That's right, we had to get the bags because the little two and four packs were just not enough. I think they put something in the peanut butter because I'm addicted.

6 comments:

Rob said...

That's so weird that you wrote this article about Reese's, just earlier today I noticed that my coworker had some Reese's cups on her desk and I was hit with an instant craving for the sweet candy. She'd already gone home so I couldn't ask her for any.

Alina said...

I'm totally with you when it comes to Reese's being your favorite treat! It's been my favorite since I can remember! I have this really, really yummy recipe for homemade Reese's Peanut Butter cups! It is so delicious! I would be more than willing to share this delightful and somewhat secretive recipe with one of my fellow Reese's lovers! Haha...you just can't describe the deliciousness of a Reese's!

Brittany Perez said...

Chocolate + peanut butter = the greatest combo on earth.

Alex said...

Reese's are a gift from the Gods. You probably like them so much because you have happy memories attatched to them. After all, all our food preferences our some weird psychological occurence.

bean said...

So i love Reeses too so I was looking to buy a pack at the store the other day and I saw that they had a new candy called Reeses Whips. I decided to buy one just to see if the transition from CUP to WHIP was successful and I was kinda surprised when I tasted it. It reminded me of a 3 musketeers bar only tasted like a Reeses. I love 3 musketeers so I really did like the candy but i must say that nothing can beat the cups.

Gabriel said...

I agree Reese's are great. I love in spring when the reeses are egg shaped. I just feel like they taste better than when they're in the cups.